What exams can I reschedule?
- Face-to-face instrumental and singing exams at our Public Venues
- Digital Performance Grades and ARSM diplomas
When can I reschedule an appointment?
Face-to-face instrumental and singing exams at Public Venues – around two weeks after booking has closed.
Digital Performance Grade and ARSM diplomas– around one week after booking has closed.
Once exams have been confirmed applicants (and candidates with an account) can log in to look for alternative dates within the same exam session. You can change an exam slot up to 48 hours before an exam date.
Alternative slots are offered subject to availability and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to reschedule an exam. We are unable to transfer access arrangements or reasonable adjustments to a rescheduled exam. If a candidate has these booked, please consider this carefully before rescheduling their exam.
How to reschedule an exam
- Log in and click ‘Booking details’ to view your booking.
- You’ll see a list of candidates/exams with a clock icon at the end of each line.
- Click the clock icon to search for an alternative exam slot.
- Once you’ve found a suitable alternative, you can select to move your exam slot.
Things you cannot do
- You cannot reschedule exams between Public Venues and Private Visits. Instead, you would need to cancel the exam (subject to our Withdrawals, non-attendance and fee refund policy) and then rebook at the venue of your choice, as long as booking is open and space is available.
- You cannot change the exam type or grade, for example change a Practical Grade to a Performance Grade.
- You cannot move exams between different sessions.