We're committed to providing high-quality music education products and services to all our users.
We value our standing as the UK's largest music education body, one of the largest music publishers and the world’s leading provider of music exams. We hope you're pleased with the products you've bought or the services you've received from us. However, if there's something you’re not happy with, please let us know. We take all complaints seriously and will do everything we can to put matters right.
There are some things that aren't covered by this policy. It doesn't apply to employees or consultants, or in any situation where we have a pre-existing complaints process in place. If you make a complaint under this policy and we think it'd be better dealt with using a different process, then we reserve the right to do so.
Exam feedback or concerns
We have a separate process for handling complaints about exams. Find out more about providing exam feedback.
We also have a dedicated policy for dealing with any safeguarding concerns. See our Safeguarding Children Policy, Procedures and Code of Practice.
Who is this complaints policy for?
- Anyone buying goods or services from us other than our exams, such as our sheet music and books
- Anyone who's unhappy with the services provided by our staff in carrying out their duties
- Anyone who has (or has had) a working relationship with ABRSM who's not (or was not) an employee or consultant, such as an examiner
Please let us know as soon as possible so that we can try to resolve your complaint quickly. Contact us by phone, email or through post. If we can't resolve your complaint over the phone, we may ask you to write to us giving more details.
T +44 (0) 20 7636 5400
E [email protected]
4 London Wall Place
If you need to contact us by email or through post, please:
- Include your name, address and contact details, including mobile number and email address where relevant
- Explain what your complaint is about, including relevant dates
- Tell us whether the complaint relates to you or if you're complaining on someone else’s behalf
- If your complaint is about an individual associated with ABRSM, please tell us their name if you know it
- Tell us what outcome you'd like to achieve
- We'll log your complaint so that we have a record of it
- If we need to, we may contact you for more information
- We'll review your complaint and forward it to the right team or person
- We'll give you a response as soon as we can
If you're happy with our response, we'll close the complaint record and take steps to make any improvements to our products or services.
If you're not happy with our response, you can ask for a review.
- The review will be made by a senior member of staff with no direct involvement in the initial investigation
- We'll let you know the result of the review as soon as we can
- This will be the end of the process and we won't carry out another review
- We'll generally give reasons for any decisions made but aren't obliged to give all details
- You can't submit the same complaint more than once
This policy isn't contractual and doesn't confer any legal rights. We'll generally follow the policy but can depart from it if we think that it's appropriate to do so.
We can amend or discontinue the policy at any time and for any reason without prior notice. Nothing in this policy excludes any rights that you have through other channels, such as the Charity Commission.
We aim to carry out an annual review of complaints received to identify any aspects of our products or services that need to improve.